Thursday, April 26, 2012

You said what!?!

Ok, 11:07 p.m. and I am still awake.  I should really be in bed, but my mind is running, and when that happens I find it's good to put pen to paper...or whatever you want to call what I am doing.  I guess it's not really pen to paper anymore.  : )

I don't think I've updated you all on our kiddos for awhile, and I must do that because they are changing every single day.  I got some silly pictures of the kids recently that really captured them in their essence...



Noah is saying "cheese" for you.  Can you tell?
 

I think Caleb looks like Popeye in this picture...just sayin'.

Easter Sunday.  Once again, Noah is on strike!

Me and Stella.  She is just the most precious thing ever....ahhhh, love her to death!

Ok, I saved my favorite picture for last.  Me being mauled by my kiddos is an every day occurrence!

I love that all of these pictures come from an album entitled "funnies".  Ok, I guess I will share one more...

I seriously just snorted when I posted this one.  I cannot help but laugh every time I see this.  I'm sure many of you have seen it, but I have to explain more...So, after dinner one night (Subway obviously...the bags are everywhere and there is a piece of sandwich in this picture) Casey left his glasses on the counter.  Not safe with a three year old.  So without our knowledge, Noah grabbed them, put them on, and said in the deepest "dumb" voice he could muster up,"Hi, I'm Casey!"  Oh my were we rolling on the floor laughing!  Ok, here's one more that I wasn't brave enough to post earlier because he's drooling everywhere and looks crazy, but I just have to share it because it makes me laugh...
Yes, this is the kind of house I live in.  Sounds like a Dr. Seuss book, huh? 

Well, now I need to tell you about the little man Noah is becoming.  He is by far the silliest little sneak in our house.  Noah can be very quiet, which is dangerous!  Quiet = bad in this house.  When you don't hear him, it's time to start searching.  You might find him hiding eating chapstick (Burts Bees being his favorite), locked in the bathroom unrolling lots and lots of toilet paper for no known reason, or hiding under a desk eating a popsicle he snuck.  When asked what he's doing he will hide the popsicle, or whatever he has at the time, behind his back and say,"Uhhhh...nofing!"  Yea, right!  Sometimes when you ask him a question he will answer with a snort.  "Noah, what makes you happy?" "Uhhh...(insert snort here)."  Love him to pieces. 

Then there's Caleb, the human sponge.  I didn't know how sarcastic I was until my five year old started repeating things that I've said before...yikes!  I know you are wondering what has been repeated.  I'm cool with sharing too because I'm sure most of you have been in this boat before.  Well, one weekend while I was away my husband called to tell me that Caleb asked him if he could have a piece of "fricken cheese".  Ok, I didn't think fricken was a bad word, but now it is.  : )  Just yesterday Casey farted on me (yes people, it happens in this house) and Caleb looked at him and said, "You freak!"  Freak = bad word now too.  Oh, Caleb.  Mommy is learning right along with you.


Look at this child.  You'd never think anything like that would come out of his mouth.


Then there's Isaac.  Honestly, I don't have much to say about him except he's just a good kid.  Sure he messes up, and sasses back at times, but he's helpful, he loves his little brothers and sister (especially Stella), has a love for music, he does his chores without slacking much, and most importantly he has a love for Jesus.  I am really proud of the kid he's turned out to be and I can't wait to see what's in store for him because I think he could do something really great.  I try to hint that he should go to a Bible college and join a band.  Not sure if he'll buy into that!  Hey, it's worth a shot! 

Last is Stella.  Precious Stella.  It seriously seems like yesterday when she was this little...

Here, she was only known as baby Thompson 4.


Now she's this silly little thing that talks, and has the biggest smile ever.  She says things like "I want more pizza!"  She says "No" really good too.  She's compassionate...when a brother gets a boo boo she says,"What happened?" She gives kisses, and she really likes popsicles.  She calls them pickles, so we're really never sure whether she wants a pickle or a pickle or a pickle.  All which are translated to pickle, popsicle, or cucumber.  Get it?  : ) 

Not to get controversial on you all, but I really have to throw this in there.  There is a Bible verse that says "Don't you see that children are God's best gift?  The fruit of the womb his generous legacy?  I think we have been so blessed with these kiddos, they have taught us so much about love and loving others.  They love us unconditionally, even on our worst days.  I don't know about you, but I really admire the way my kids can love people and show love, even if it's as simple as coloring a picture for someone who's having a bad day.  I wish I could learn to love more like a child.  So, anyway, I believe we were gifted these little ones as are people that adopt children or are foster parents to children even for a short time.  Not a whole lot of gifts are better than that of a child. 

Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven - Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment